Thread: What do you really, really like about CBE?

What do you really, really like about CBE?

Given that so many of us, myself included, are having some serious problems, I thought it would be a refreshing change of pace to discuss what we're enjoying about Civilization: Beyond Earth.

My vote is for the Virtue system. The bonuses for different distributions of Virtue picks is a brilliant idea, and I appreciate the way they implemented it. It's the best aspect of the game as far as I'm concerned.

The visual design of affinities is gorgeous. I also like the fact strategic resources are spread unevenly around the map, forcing a more dynamic gameplay and possibly even diplomatic solutions. The seeded start idea is pure genius. Quests, though buggy, are still very neat. The orbital layer is very well done and does wonders for the futuristic feel of the game. The trailer is very pretty.

The soundtrack is gorgeous.
    The interface is clean and fast to read.
    Its not all about war (well a little more would be better to tell the truth).

Honestly, I like everything, there's nothing inherently wrong with any of the systems, they just need shoring up. It's a very functional and enjoyable game.
    The Sword of Earth; the Shield of Humanity

The level of detail and the storyline, adds to the experience

Goodness, I love the Tech Web.

Though it's gonna make finishing the achievement for all of the techs irritating. Ha.

Phasal Transporters. Love those when I use'em. (not so much when used against me)

Still working on first marathon game, and figuring everything out. Tech web is kinda confusing only
    in that you have so many options. I like that, more so than the old tech tree. Just have to get used
    to it (and see what does what)

Since I prefer marathon games, it's going to take a while.

Everything! I had to pull some of my old Civilization games out of mothballs to name a few: 'Call To Power' and 'Test of Time' and I just couldn't believe how far Civilization has come, I don't know when Firaxis and 2K became involved but they have really done a nice job. Making the Game 'User Modable' was a stroke of genius on their part, although I would rather be able to buy the disk rather than have to download using steam. I currently have 4 different versions of Civilization on Disk. I've never seen BE offered on Disk anywhere yet so I will assume its only steam downloadable.

Supremancy. Purity is corrupt and harmony is weak. go supremancy or go home.

Let's not revive threads from the death from over a year ago...
    “If you are involved in a game, everything ends up being a set of trade-offs. Anything in a game is a sacrifice of things not in the game.” --Gabe Newell

Playing Firaxis games and helping out in the Official 2K Forums!
    My Blog: donald23.nl
    Steam profile: donald23