View Poll Results: Italian Mafia vs the Irish Mafia

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Italians win

    76 80.85%
  • The Irish win

    18 19.15%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 41 to 74 of 74

Thread: Italian Mafia vs Irish Mafia, who would win in a war?

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,049
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobsynergy View Post
    Same last name.

    Edit: Also we have the exact same name, first and last.

    Edit 2: Before you say it, obviously I know first name means nothing about relations, just throwing that out there.
    So it's just a coincidence that you have the exact same first name as your great-grandfather? That's odd.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    794
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiral Static View Post
    So it's just a coincidence that you have the exact same first name as your great-grandfather? That's odd.
    Well my Grandfater had the same first name so I was kind of named after him.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Thymen Molizzo View Post
    It all depends on who has the most members, and the best weapons.
    Thats never true

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,049
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobsynergy View Post
    Well my Grandfater had the same first name so I was kind of named after him.
    Oh, that makes sense.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Within you, without you.
    Posts
    3,145
    Well, IRA all the way, but if you're talking about Irish mafia, then no.

    Italian Mafia would win in that situation.

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    706
    I'm Half Mexican and half Italian




    IMO Irish would get slaughter by Italians,

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    1,018
    Quote Originally Posted by VitoScarletta View Post
    I'm Half Mexican and half Italian




    IMO Irish would get slaughter by Italians,
    and if you were irish then it'd be

    IMO Italians would get slaughter by Irish

    It goes hand and hand, but this poll is basically being voted on by what race you are so it's only natural for the micks to vote irish mob while the guineas vote italian mafia

    therefore this topic is pointless, but im not gunna request this thread be closed because it is what it is. continue your lil chat.
    Last edited by Mornaselos; 08-17-2010 at 04:42 PM.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    706
    Quote Originally Posted by Mornaselos View Post
    and if you were irish then it'd be

    IMO Italians would get slaughter by Irish

    It goes hand and hand, but this poll is basically being voted on by what race you are so it's only natural for the micks to vote irish mob while the guineas vote italian mafia

    therefore this topic is pointless, but im not gunna request this thread be closed because it is what it is, continue your lil chat.
    are you Black?

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    1,018
    Quote Originally Posted by VitoScarletta View Post
    are you Black?
    I'm caucasian and half german, with some scotish and maybe a lil irish blood.

    but if anything im more irish then italian and staying ontopic: Italians would **** the irish up in ways they wish they'd never been ****ed.

    That my friend, is what you call a fair debate.

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    706
    Quote Originally Posted by Mornaselos View Post
    I'm caucasian and half german, with some scotish and maybe a lil irish blood.

    but if anything im more irish then italian and staying ontopic: Italians would **** the irish up in ways they wish they'd never been ****ed.

    That my friend, is what you call a fair debate.
    IMO the Italians are still gonna kill the Irish in the game

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    1,018
    Quote Originally Posted by VitoScarletta View Post
    IMO the Italians are still gonna kill the Irish in the game
    You can be damn sure of that

    However what im still trying to figure out GAMEWISE is if the irish will appear as just a streetgang or will there be a full irish mob family in the game that vito will have to wipeout.

    I know they'll own some neighborhoods my guess would beboth the east and westside turfs on the map but theirs no proof of them being more then just that

    Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

  12. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    132
    I hope there's an Irish mob I can wipe out in story-mode. My half-bro likes to joke around with me about my Italian heritage, pay-back!

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Hell.
    Posts
    2,589
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkGod View Post
    I hope there's an Irish mob I can wipe out in story-mode. My half-bro likes to joke around with me about my Italian heritage, pay-back!
    There is. An there are the Triads in Chinatown, and then the Bombers.

  14. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by McGee View Post
    There is. An there are the Triads in Chinatown, and then the Bombers.
    Are they part of the story-mode though or are they just ppl walking around?

  15. #55
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    350
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkGod View Post
    Are they part of the story-mode though or are they just ppl walking around?
    There is a mission about the triads, in one of the gameplay Vito said to a guy "We want to know... why you had our friend killed..."

  16. #56
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    1,018
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkGod View Post
    Are they part of the story-mode though or are they just ppl walking around?
    Actually both

    The four gangs

    - Greasers -
    - Bombers -
    - irish hoods -
    - chinatown triads -

    will play a role in and out of the story

    In the story: Youll be working with or against the gangs

    Outside the story(freeroam): Youll find the gangs controlling their dominant hoods for example the greasers reside in millville.

  17. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In your dog's ass
    Posts
    673
    I think in real life the irish you win hands down. They have a reabl group called the IRA (Irish Republican Army) and they are trained by croupted mittary trainers. Aslo they are great at bombings, also the Itailians these days try to stay away from the public eye so they try not to do shootings. So that means that they dont have much experience with shootout which the IRA does

    IMO Im not just saying that because I am irish. I am actualy 70% Italian, but in my opion the IRA would win in a gang war

  18. #58
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoawaye View Post
    Is there an Irish mafia gang in the game
    i dont even think there is an irish mob in real life. its just the IRA in trench coats.

  19. #59
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    16
    Well, just look at what Al Capone did to them. Valentines day massacre.

    Italian Mafia brutalized the Irish Mafia that day.

    I think that instance defines the whole comparison.

  20. #60
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by stevieh44 View Post
    i dont even think there is an irish mob in real life. its just the IRA in trench coats.
    Lol what!?

    Course there were/are Irish 'mobs' in real life. Although, much the same as the mafia families, they have been driven underground in recent times.

    Just google and you'll find plenty on the Irish mobs.

    And the IRA have absolutely sh*t all to do with irish american mobs. They don't even operate in the same country first of all...

  21. #61
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Corleone, Sicily
    Posts
    466
    Quote Originally Posted by cravens View Post
    I think in real life the irish you win hands down. They have a reabl group called the IRA (Irish Republican Army) and they are trained by croupted mittary trainers. Aslo they are great at bombings, also the Itailians these days try to stay away from the public eye so they try not to do shootings. So that means that they dont have much experience with shootout which the IRA does

    IMO Im not just saying that because I am irish. I am actualy 70% Italian, but in my opion the IRA would win in a gang war
    I don't think they would win because they would be heavily outnumbered by the Italians... But yes, the Irish were way more violent and brutal...

    Westies documentary

  22. #62
    Precarious Guest
    Moving to off topic.

  23. #63
    italian mafia for sure

  24. #64
    I live in Charlestown, Massachusetts. That is were the Departed was based on. If I want to go work for the mob, all I have to do is go down to the Ironside Bar. Its were all the Irish thugs hang out. And Irish people are better. Plus last year, there was an Irish mob related quadruple homicide in our Local 99 Restaurant. So I'd say the Irish mob wins.

  25. #65
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    132
    Do you think the Italian mafia and Irish Mob get along or do you think they've had their fair-share of wars?

  26. #66
    Well there was a major Irish/Italian gang war in Chicago during the 20's. The Irish were led by Charles Dean "Dion" O'Bannion and the Italians by John(ny)Torrio. The war broke out when O'Bannion hustled Torrio out of 500,000$ and Torrio subsequently put out a hit on him. O'Bannion was then gunned down in his flower shop. This left his lieutenant Earl "Hymie" Weiss in charge. Along with fellow O'Bannion lieutenant George "Bugs" Moran Weiss reponded by attempting to hit Torrio and very nearly succeeded. Torrio was so shaken by his near brush with death he retired and handed the reins to Capone. Some time later, Weiss was hit by Capone and replaced by Moran who went on to wage a continually bloody campaign against Capone, which ultimately culminated in the St. Valentine's Day massacre.

    Of course both Moran's and Capone's outfits took in other nationalities as well. Overall, however, they were seen as Irish/Italian. I recommend reading up on it as the Moran/Capone war is the stuff of gangland legend.

    In terms of violence though, there are few who can rival Arthur "Dutch Schultz" Flegenheimer. From what I've read, the guy had more than 100 people killed in a 5-year period. He also killed a fair share himself, most famously shooting Jules Martin in the head in front of his own friend Dixie Davis, because he had embezzled about 20,000$. Davis' account is still chilling:

    "Dutch Schultz was ugly; he had been drinking and suddenly he had his gun out. The Dutchman wore his pistol under his vest, tucked inside his pants, right against his belly. One jerk at his vest and he had it in his hand. All in the same quick motion he swung it up, stuck it in Jules Martin's mouth and pulled the trigger. It was as simple and undramatic as that — just one quick motion of the hand. The Dutchman did that murder just as casually as if he were picking his teeth"
    Martin's body was later recovered in a snowdrift with a dozen stabwounds. When Davis asked Schultz about it, the Dutchman replied he had "cut his heart out".

  27. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In your dog's ass
    Posts
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by Genovese1311 View Post
    I don't think they would win because they would be heavily outnumbered by the Italians... But yes, the Irish were way more violent and brutal...

    Westies documentary
    Well I know this is off a show But the IRA beat the tailbain do you rellay think that the Itailan mob with no history with bombings or majior shoot outs have a chance with an orginiztion that has over 50 years of it???

  28. #68
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Corleone, Sicily
    Posts
    466
    Quote Originally Posted by cravens View Post
    Well I know this is off a show But the IRA beat the tailban do you really think that the Itailan mob with no history with bombings or major shoot outs have a chance with an organization that has over 50 years of it???
    Yes, because the Italians would outnumber them... 50 can't beat a thousand no matter how tough they are...

    Quote Originally Posted by damtalldylan View Post
    I live in Charlestown, Massachusetts. That is were the Departed was based on. If I want to go work for the mob, all I have to do is go down to the Ironside Bar. Its were all the Irish thugs hang out. And Irish people are better. Plus last year, there was an Irish mob related quadruple homicide in our Local 99 Restaurant. So I'd say the Irish mob wins.
    So, that's like four people? Can you give me a link?

  29. #69
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    246
    the irish mafia would be too drunk to aim.

  30. #70
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    750
    IMO Im not just saying that because I am irish. I am actualy 70% Italian, but in my opion the IRA would win in a gang war
    http://forums.2kgames.com:80/forums/...841#post990841

    Hey your black too. Cool I thought i was the only black teen on this fourm. I don't personaly care if a white guys in the game use the N word as a insult because that was the way back in the 50s. Also I hope that the bombers in the game do not over use the word to much.
    Last edited by Dsmooth16; 08-18-2010 at 01:21 PM.

  31. #71
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Corleone, Sicily
    Posts
    466
    A 70% Italian who's black?

  32. #72
    Incidentally, anyone who questions the abilities of Irish gangsters should check out this video.

  33. #73
    Italians. As the Irish are always drinking on the job.

  34. #74
    I'm half Italian and half Irish so I can't be bias on this. IMO it all depends on which criminal organizations are at war if you look at the history of both organizations you can clearly see the Italians had FAR better structure they actually had leadership and a ranking system unlike the Irish who just went with their own thing. It all depends on what state they're in also because different organizations have different power in certain areas. There's no definitive answer because every "family" runs different

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •