Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2015 XBOX Round Robin Championship

I have been busy with work and holidays as well. But I can usually get an hour in on weeknights around 18:30 US Central Time (Chicago).

Ok guys. I suggest we start the playoffs. Multi point Mawpawk and itz. I know there are still games left to be played but the only one that could surpass mawpawk is forum. He would have to dam near go undefeated vs point multi and me. If forum doesn't have an issue with it lets just start the playoffs. I'll give forum a couple of days to respond and if he doesn't have a problem with it then I'll start the playoffs.

I'm ready to go ��

Ok for me that u guys start the playoffs. Would take to long to finish my 25 games. Good Luck to all 4.

Thx prey for letting us know bro

Semi-Finals Vs You Got Deni3d

Ok, so me and Denied faced off and here is how the games went.

My Mongols vs his French

Walked three turns and find his settlers in which had 25 gold. I then die once he settles. Deni3d wins

My Japanese vs his Egyptians HGB

I settle first turn and take out a barb for 40g. I then spot the French and plan was to simply walk into their cap but they pick up a friendly to rush a unit the turn I could have taken them out. That really hurt because here comes Deni3d with horses. I beat him on a button race at barb but apparently he had enough production/gold to keep pumping horses and has a HA that go past my area in which I wanted to venture to but lost a caravan and didn't have the money to get over there sooner than his army. Anyway, I get my 100g and have spotted SoC.

I pick it up for ge and gs in which I use on IW and 50g so I can try taking out the French. I take them out Deni3d takes out the russians and over there in that area is the freaking 7cog. He now has 2 HA's roaming around preventing me from doing much of anything. I try to make some cities and was doing ok. I brought the same LA to his area and manage to take a city of his on a one tile island but it ended there. I guess Deni3d had enough and brings his 2 march god dang HAs over to my area which majority of my cities are on the mainland. I gave an effort to try to defend it off but there was no chance. By the time he done the damage he had already set himself up and I had no chance. GG Deni3d. Deni3d wins

My Indians vs his Germans

We meet fast with our settlers but I settle in which he didn't know if I had money or not so kept it moving when he could have settled which pretty much was the reason he had the bad end of the stick. I end up getting my 100g and have horses running around plus have taken out the Russians. He meanwhile has walked forever till he settles in the land of the Zulu and Americans. He eventually takes the Zulu out but that was all he really could ever do from there as I have two HAs patrolling his area. I take a city from the Americans near their area with a warrior and Deni3d attacks 1 on .34 but retreats lol. He thought it was something stronger in there initially thinking a retreat would be best when it wasn't.

Deni3d picks up KT and his boat meets mine but loses the 1 on 1 to me stopping him from bringing some type of pressure at me. I had 7cog that game and had flew away in techs while Deni3d tried to do his German thing which I allowed as I was sitting on AW till I got to Monarchy and then picked it up which spelled game over for him since there was no way he'd ever get to Engineering in time before I be completely ready. He stayed in waiting for his first gp which wasn't a scientist. Multi Wins

My Aztecs vs his Aztecs

I settle first turn and take out a barb a turn later for 50g and it shows me the English. Meanwhile, Deni3d is running around picking up a bunch of friendlies but never got hbr from one. He eventually settles close to me at a barb that I make him take forever to take out. I find out that he settled with only 1 sea tile so him bringing any fast attack was not happening. I have picked up KT and have taken his caravan going to the Mongols. From there his start was going nowhere and he soon quits. Multi Wins

My Americans vs his Chinese

This was our longest game but in reality was in my favor the majority of it. I have a GA starting off and end up picking up two friendlies along with a naming tile while happy hutting hbr. I take out the Zulu at 3 pop and have met the Romans plus English. I couldn't take out the English and could have taken out the Romans but they won a 2 on 1.5 which slowed that down but it turned out to be a good thing. Deni3d meanwhile has been gotten his 100g and started expanding leading along in tech. Something strange then happens, the Romans mysteriously has 100g when the turn previous they had no money... so I ended up selling 90g worth of techs to them for 100g finally. I come to find out later that Deni3d bought CoL off them but they only bought alphabet from Deni3d for 25g while I reap the benefits of the gold from Romans lol.

I then take out the Romans for literacy and quickly get CoL to start my expansion phase. I then have a boat find a 4 pop city of Deni3d's in which I flip and that was the biggest turning point of the game because that city had 5 sea squares and with four filled for 8 science I was able to beat Deni3d to Irrigation which was huge with the 12 cities I had already. He then picks up AoC and soon after get GW but he too gets LCoA to fast and gets some lame techs off it. He built EITC which I didn't know because we never talked the whole game.

I get every tech possible and doing 235 tech a turn... I could have done the lame knight strat with the Americans by going for engineering fast but it just didn't seem right with him already established by the time I could cancel out GW. So from my 500g gp and invention give me gs's which I use on corporation and then tanks. Deni3d wasn't nearly prepared to protect his cap when I got there and had his cap in one turn. From there only one more cap was left and Deni3d knew that so he forfeited. Multi Wins

Multi wins 3-2 vs Deni3d
    Last edited by MultiPlayaBeast; 01-18-2015 at 07:33 AM.

0-5 vs denied
    2-3 vs multi
    0-5 vs point

I can only wish the final contestants success and apologize to all my fans and pawkamaniacs out there, I shall travel to the far east and reclaim my godlike powers the legend will live on

Semi-Finals Vs PointOneStar

My games vs PointOneStar

My Russians vs his Mongols

I see nothing on my area map while Point has taken out the Spanish. He didn't get Navi so that was great. Walk past the Zulu declaring war on them and on the other side is Point. I settle between him and the Zulu and get 25g from the Zulu and rush a unit. Point mysteriously has more units than I can imagine and was surely going to kill till I name a hill right between us to give me a chance. We have a few battles back and forward and it subsided with me in the more advantageous position. I go take some barbs out late but I come to find out that he lost to a barb which could spell problems later. Meanwhile I find SoC for gh and ge. Use both but Point hits my cap with a HA 6-9 and wins due to the karma he was owed from the barb battle. I felt in trouble till I find 7cog and from there I was in control again. I find AW as well and he loses his HA to my HA. Multi Wins!

My Egyptians CoR vs his Greeks

I settle with 3 desert and 2 sea tiles and get my 100g fast. But Point has taken out the Germans fast as well so it was somewhat even. He finds SoC and gets his 100g not long after... what could the gp be??? I manage to tech to Irrigation and get the trading post for 60+ science a turn. But by 1500 bc Point has managed to get enough science to rush invention to cancel out my CoR. Game was on then.

Point gets a GA from Invention in which he flips my barracks city but fortunately I had units outside to take it back. Then I find out that the other gp from SoC was a GL. I get a GF together and take his 100g city but he shows up at my cap with a elite CA. He takes my cap but I had my army just a turn away. I take back my cap and then focus on his cap. He defends up but makes a mistake by taking the same PA up to defend Berlin. I block the path back to his cap and my armies are now in position to take Athens. He couldn't defend it so he quit. Multi Wins.

My Romans vs his English

This was a good long game but me in the better position majority of it. Point takes out the Germans again, meanwhile I pick up a friendly and take out a barb for 50g. I get my 100g fast and then watch a barb take a caravan from Point which slowed him down considerably. I have a HA now and take out the HGB Egyptians at 4 pop. I pop a boat out the cap and BOOM, 7cog which was kitty corner of Points London. I then expand to around 10 cities, pick up Irrigation and have to good production cities. Point then sneaks a HA in my area to take a 3 pop city for CoL and starts his expanding. I kill his HA but his first gp was a ge so he could get going.

I get majority of the bonuses by my 15th tech I have 14 cities. I build EIC and then build Samurais Castle to go toe to toe with his cruisers. I take LCoA out of the game which gives me cruisers, rifleman and university. I then get a gb which I use on Leonardos and I start my attacking. He gets his CA together but we are going opposite directions and I have more cities to take than he me. I then realized my HA from before had march was now a KA. I take it up to Berlin and shut it down. Then my other KA from other purposes came in to help take his last cap. I do and he forfeits as he couldn't stop me from taking the last cap in the game. Multi Wins

My Spanish vs his Spanish

Interesting game as all seemed well on the map. I then see a friendly to take out a barb for 40g which then reveals the Chinese. Instead I build a galleon to search the islands. I then find KT which soon after takes out the Egyptians for SH. I then take out he Chinese but Point gets the odds to take it from me and he already started on his legion fleet strat. I don't know how to stop it when my money low and such. I then get blessed with a gb which I build GW. Point meanwhile gets AoC with 3 cities and starts teching?moving towards from Engineering. By the time he got there I was setup to defend him.

He comes starts his attacking but my AA's withstand it. I eventually get CF and he can't get another one of my cities. He makes some last preparations which fail. He then forfeits. Multi wins!

My Chinese vs his Zulu

He starts on a bad island and I started on the mainland. The big point in this is he started on the island with Zulu... so I can't give much any excuse for my loss to him this game but me getting thirsty. So he picks up SoC and apparently did CoR and something else to keep up in tech with me. My start wasn't very fast and was quite slow with the spies I was consistently getting but because I'm the Chinese... there is always a way to make a good start outta a bad.

Well, I take out the English for Monarchy and thought I had myself setup to get Irrigation with ease but Point somehow got it before me (at this time I didn't know he had CoR). I didn't care because I felt I'd get everything else I needed. So I'm now in Democracy and about to get Engineering as Point had also picked up the GW when I see a galleon from Point. I knew what was on it but didn't know how many of it. I had just brought a settler over to have a amazing construction/barracks city but had little time to make a proper defense so I improvised with knights. So plan went accordingly with Point taking out the city but I took to much time to come out of Democracy because I have yet to get Engineering and he makes peace. I'm ignorant to the fact that I didn't take Engineering out yet and so trigger happy to kill his CA on a hill (he brought 2), I come out of Democracy to attack but he has GW... can't attack.

That was the big mistake that cost me sweeping Point as from there it got increasingly bad. I kept going in and out of Democracy not paying attention to that he is still teching and he ends up picking up invention before me... something I should have easily had. I make a cruiser to bring to his area (non-vet) but it dies to a veteran cruiser of his. I have some more KA's trying but his overrun was making it no easy job. In the end, I couldn't keep up with him in production and in due time he'd just overwhelm me with units. Point Wins!

Multi wins vs Point 4-1
    Last edited by MultiPlayaBeast; 01-18-2015 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Fell to sleep and finishing up

Semi-Finals Vs Mawpawk

My games vs Mawpawk

My French vs his Russians

I pick up a friendly and take out a barb for 40g. I then come across the English and win a 1 on 1.5 for their cap and Monarchy. Mawpawk took out the Spanish for Navigation in which I didn't know till he compared having Navi vs Monarchy lol. That battle vs the English set things in motion for why Mawpawk lost this game. The same warrior takes out a barb for march and I had two warriors nearby to form a army. I wasn't too far from Mawpawk and decided to put some pressure on him which worked. I slide past his Moscow and go searching for barbs the only area he could go. Find a warrior at a barb and kill it. I then pick up KT.

Mawpawk still doesn't have his 100g and I'm doing very well now with two double dye towns, gh and sitting on AoC. He I assume has sold some units to get his 100g but he did it at the wrong time. My march WA and KT show up at Moscow and start attacking in which we take the cap. I get Navi off of him and the funny thing about that is he had just came across AW and needed one more turn to pick it up and he could have done something... oh well lol. Multi Wins

My Greeks vs his Egyptians CoR

I settle with fish and get 50g from my first barb but then I see the Aztecs on top of me towards the area where I'd get anymore barbs. I sell them democracy and planned that I would take their city before they'd get a pikemen. Plan fails as the Aztecs win a 2.5 on my 3 and now I'm without money and Mawpawk has taken out the Chinese for a 4 pop city. He has his 100g and I'm still working on mine. Villages and barbarians hint to me of one 2 artifacts on the map and I went searching to no avail, the one usable artifact being around me. I come across the Zulu who have 100g and sold them democracy for 35g but then Mawpawk says "hold on, I'm talking to the Zulu" and I watch the Zulu's tech just shoot up in which made me choose to forfeit. Mawpawk wins!

My Germans vs his English

I settle first turn to take a barb out for 50g which shows me KT. I build a boat to go get it and at 3300 bc Mawpawk shows up with a boat of his own. I think nothing of it and keep it moving getting KT. He brings a militia by to sit on a tree of mine and we have some battles with me ultimately killing the militia. Now I have come across the Zulu and have taken a caravan from them plus their 3 pop cap. Mawpawk takes out Kyoto but I got a warrior past his area to take out two barbs on top of the 7 others in the land of the Zulu and Romans.

He picks up AoC but I then meet the Romans and start taking them out. Mawpawk really needed me to not take them out because that would spell trouble. But the worst was yet to come when I come across 7cog. I take out he Romans for CoL and start expanding. I'm well in the lead from here when Mawpawk shows up at my 5 pop double fish, whale and dye city with a library in it with his LA. I tried to defend it but lost it to him. That city was doing a huge chunk of my science and Mawpawk could better utilize it. He has meanwhile gs'd Navi but never really seen signs of any danger from it for the rest of the game.

I defend his LA and he keeps a archer posted up in a tree next to Zimbabwe. I had a HA from barbs that lurked in the area till the opportune moment. I have now gb'd Samurai Castle and have my 4 WA's to KA's. I take the HA to his archer and attack 13.5 to his 10.5 and lose... GREAT. So I then attack his capital 22.5 to 22.5 telling him he will surely lose and Mawpawk being stubborn thinks differently but he of course loses the battle. I now have London and just need Kyoto. From there, it wasn't much he could do to defend because he just didn't have the time to properly defend. I take out Kyoto for all caps... Multi Wins

My Arabs vs his Aztecs

Of freaking course I start on a island but I manage to get off fairly quickly and get my 100g before Mawpawk does. I then pick up AW but never really had need for it. He then takes out the Spanish for Navi and that was the hallmark turning point of the game along with something else. I then make the plan to bring to elite WA's I have from the amount of barbs I killed with march and other with blitz to see what his cap be bout.

I drop one WA off and Mawpawk eventually kills it but the next turn after he tries to kill the militia and ends missing plus coming out of his cap. I felt this was my sure chance to change the tides of the game. I drop off the march WA where he can't see it and then next turn run into his cap for Navi. He tried to get it back but nothing worked. So I start to formulate a plan to bring the attack to him but he was just so far away plus I had to be prepared for his HA on a galleon coming from anywhere. Then Mawpawk picks up AoC and then gets a gb for EITC which pretty much seals the game. He backfills all the techs I got and far ahead in techs while I'm only doing max 28 science a turn. Nothing I could do... Mawpawk wins!

My Zulu vs his Chinese

I really didn't want to do Zulu vs his Chinese because the Zulu were meant for Point as my ace but Mawpawk ruined that with the previous game. Me and him start close and I kill a warrior of his 1 vs 1. With that I'm able to make a WA to run past his cap while he makes a WA to defend it and I come across the English. Take them out at 3 pop plus get monarchy. Mawpawk somehow gets his 100g and starts expanding down south which I figured he had to do. I have complete control of the map and then pick up 7cog. I then tech straight for CoL to get 3 settlers out in ancient to settle in medieval. But I didn't forget about Mawpawk. So I intentionally make settler to allow me access to his gulf of islands with a WA.

I land the WA on a island of his and he wins a 4 on 4.5. I then kill his boat but he was able to drop off a settler in time... no problem. My first gp was a ga and I flip the city I lost at which had dye. Then I pick up SoC for a GA and GH to then flip a double dye city of his at one pop... Mawpawk couldn't do anything from there even with his 3 pop barracks cap which he planned on hitting me with Cats. Multi Wins

Multi wins vs Mawpawk 3-2

Good work multi!

MultiPlayaBeast Vs You Got Deni3d Finals 2015 XBOX Round Robin Championship

Good games Deni3d... this was a heck of a Finals because a lot of games were played in one day. We decided to do a first to 10 wins championship going through all tiers and having to use up all the civilizations, so no repeating civs. Here is a rundown of the games for those interested in these games. I might not remember them all in detail but I do remember the civ selection. Here we go.

My Romans vs Deni3d's Germans:

I settle with cattle and able to expand without much interference as he was a distance away plus was trying to take out the Egyptians turned up in failure. He said he had a fully healed WA that should have attacked 7.5 to their 5 but instead attacked with 5 attack... strange. The Egypt had oracle which would have helped him big time. Anyway, I get AW getting all the bonuses with ease but Deni3d is staying in trying to amount a attack to gain some leeway. He did manage to take a 4 pop city from me but it was small change as I had a total of 10 cities altogether at 4 pop +. He then tried to take my to be barracks city but that ended in failure while I'm building wonder with production and in the modern era. Multi wins!

My French vs his Russians:

I pick up 2 friendlies and felt secure with that till Deni3d shows up with money settled next to me. It ultimately ended early with me losing two horses to his warrior and I didn't have the patience to try building a boat to find something. Deni3d Wins!

My Greeks vs his Japanese:

Crazy game... Deni3d starts on a island but gets off to pick up AW. He teched after horses and was able to take out the Russians that had a lot of money we both took advantage of. Russians had a 100g city too that he took out plus a egyptian city as well they made. I meanwhile had gotten alot of barbs and picked up 7cog plus KT. I lost a HA to Deni3d but got another due to barbs. Deni3d is pretty much solidified now and has expanded quite well. Then he picks up AoC which hurt bad. His first gp was a GA in which I stole but he got it back and then accidentally settles it again. Anywho, he has also built EITC and the game looks like it is his. But I kept the pressure up with me making a CA to mess with him.

I get to Navi first and my galleon gets me over to his area. I drop off a KA and CA in which both takes two of his cities one of which had EITC. He tries to get it back failed. The pressure now has started to weigh in on him. His lost of EITC didn't allow him to do much more in gold or science. Then I start running through cities and he doesn't have anymore money so he quits. Multi Wins.

My Arabs vs his Aztecs:

I pick up 25g and head towards the Japanese who I couldn't take out right away with one warrior. I eventually get to hbr and kill them 3 on 1.67 after injuring them. But Deni3d is getting carried away by getting his 100g by like 3400 bc plus gets AW for fundy. He then takes out the Germans. I manage to get a HA together and start knocking on Technoctilan's door but he holds. I run off to kill two more horses but get baited by a archer for his march HA to kill mine. Deni3d wins!

My Americans vs his Americans:

I didn't start with my gp so I settled right away and then next turn I resync for my ge. I use it to pick up friendly for hbr while I'm showed SoC and KT. I landlocked myself though so wasn't much I could do but hopefully get my 100g. I find out I'm on a strait of some sort and meet Deni3d on the other end with his horses plus he has taken out some capital. He kills my horse but I manage to form a HA. I meet with his scouting warrior and figured I be setup for a HA to kill mine. Nothing I could do as that was the only direction I could go and could only hope he didn't have the money to rush a HA. He does have the money unfortunately and kills my HA. Deni3d wins!

Round of tiers 5- Deni3d leads 3-2
    Last edited by MultiPlayaBeast; 01-20-2015 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiPlayaBeast View Post

My Greeks vs his Japanese
    Crazy game... Deni3d starts on a island but gets off to pick up AW. He teched after horses and was able to take out the Russians that had a lot of money we both took advantage of. Russians had a 100g city too that he took out plus a egyptian city as well they made. I meanwhile had gotten alot of barbs and picked up 7cog plus KT. I lost a HA to Deni3d but got another due to barbs. Deni3d is pretty much solidified now and has expanded quite well. Then he picks up AoC which hurt bad. His first gp was a GA in which I stole but he got it back and then accidentally settles it again. Anywho, he has also built EITC and the game looks like it is his. But I kept the pressure up with me making a CA to mess with him.

I get to Navi first and my galleon gets me over to his area. I drop off a KA and CA in which both takes two of his cities one of which had EITC. He tries to get it back failed. The pressure now has started to weigh in on him. His lost of EITC didn't allow him to do much more in gold or science. Then I start running through cities and he doesn't have anymore money so he quits. Multi Wins.
    Never forgetting that game, should've made more pikes in my eitc but I thought I would've had more time. You played it the best you could, and while I did mess up not making an extra pike or just keeping them at my city, can't believe the ai out of the whole game decides to declare war on me when you are changing governments and attacking. That 10-15 seconds probably would've saved me but the Aztecs were on the up and up and knew the only way of eliminating me was to distract me while you came in the back door.

Finals Continued MultiPlayaBeast Vs You Got Deni3d

My Zulu vs his Chinese

Deni3d walks around for a minute and I think we started close but distanced us. I pick up a friendly and take out a barb but couldn't find anymore till I came across him. Deni3d said I passed up barbs to reach him when all I see was resources everywhere. Anyway, he remains safe and I take out some barbs below him. He has the Greeks above him and I have no civ around till I build a boat and right above me in this crescent shaped land mass is the Spanish. I get Navi off them and the game was on. I then go after the Americans winning a 4.5 on 5 for a now a great general on my WA. Deni3d gets his 100g and starts preparing for a galleon fleet attack from me.

I could go either way with my strat by being defensive or offensive so i got it together with both. I find 7cog and that really launched what would have taken much longer get off. I meet his galley up top of his area with my galleon but lose a 2-1 battle. Either way I got a bunch of friendlies on the islands to make up. Deni3d has legions first and somehow takes out the Greeks that are at 5 pop. He expands another city for 4 cities and now has pikeman which would make my attacking him much harder... but the plan was set and I had a ace up my sleeve. That galleon battle vs his galley would prove his end. So I then pick up AoC with 6 cities and bring my force over to him. I have around 7 legions, WA gg and 3 archers. We land next to his barracks city.

He has a 27 defense PA in there with catapults and archer or two and he was prepared along with some legions elsewhere with a road leading to his cap. Now, I knew that the PA would die in the end as long as I retreated the battles as I was owed a complete battle of victory. With the gg WA at the side of the legions plus the GF.. I had enough attack after failed attempts to injure his PA, 16 attack vs his PA 27 defense. Win that battle and the rest was history. He tried to take it back but the offense just wasn't strong enough. Multi Wins!

My Russians vs his French

I start on a island but Deni3d started on a bad peninsula that led him to the Zulu. He loses a 3 on 2 at their cap so his start was as slow as mine. I eventually get my 100g plus much more due to the amount of barbs the Zulu didn't touch and the Romans. Aztecs were on the other side of the Zulu so barbs looked limited for Deni3d but he managed to get his 100g. He makes a HA to take out the Zulu finally and I start to see a bunch of baby blue with workers on tiles everywhere so he must of started his expansion.

In my world, I have two great cities with libraries at 4 pop so I'm good on science. I then spot KT but it was faaaaar away right above Deni3d I manage to get. I have a march WA as well but they couldn't help what happened next as they were too far away. Deni3d lands his HA on my island to take my cap and I'm short only 8 culture from my gp. That hurts and then later he flips my library city next to my cap after his HA dies at it. I managed to get another city out of my cap some time ago to land it next to the Romans and they get a gb which I steal for the creation of EITC.

That was all I had going for me as I tried to make a attempt to take my cap but Deni3d had it well defended by the time I showed up. He has also been beating on the Aztecs too who also had some gp settled he'd soon get. He makes Sam Castle and defends off my attack... nothing else going for me but a GA that could finally flip a city but the Romans culture dropped same turn as his and gave the me only the option to flip Romans city. Deni3d Wins!

My Japanese vs his Greeks

Interesting game, Deni3d settles Athens with two fish and it start seemed slow at first till he got that dang HA together. I get my 100g fast and eventually have 3 cities with two having libraries. I get alot of the bonuses leading up to Irrigation but he soon takes off himself once he has taken out the Indians, English and Thebes. He has expanded out along with having the GW so I couldn't do much of anything vs him for awhile. I get a mean barracks city together and start pumping out knights while I tech for engineering.

He has meanwhile gb'd EITC in which blasts him through techs getting him to rifleman just in time. I show up with two KA's with fundy at Athens with another on its way. My KA's do well facing his single vet walled palace bonus with cruiser supported rifleman but we are getting injured. By the time I get the third one over there he has a complete RA in Athens. I tried... but in the end I couldn't defeat it. He is doing way to well either way and it be hard to make much of any effort vs him and the EITC Thebes being way too far. Deni3d Wins!

My Indians vs his English

I pick up friendly and settle next to rubber. A very good game that went my way majority of it. I get my 100g fast and have a fish dye city with library in it. Deni3d picks up KT and takes out the Russians then soon after takes out the Romans. I though am blowing away science have a vet WA and LA going to take out the Aztecs near me which I do at 4pop. I pop two settlers out of that and two out of my market city for a total of 9 cities in the end.

Deni3d meanwhile was constantly sending archers in my area and I'm killing them. It was late into the game now and Deni3d has KA's coming and the central point that could have turned things into his favor is when he attacks my galleon 3 on 2 with his galley since he had Sams Castle. Reason why it was detrimental to me was that he had a KA that could board and he could take my big library city. Now I had picked up SoC and got for gh and ga plus had a gh from culture as I'd picked up AoC earlier. So my cities were quite big now... Deni3d wasn't having it as the onslaught continued with AA attacking Tenochtitlan which take it but I flip it back. I have a GF now but he has gs'd cruisers and has a CF near me now.

I then kill a KA that was trying to get the cap back and the distraction of this has allowed me to get my own CF together and I load it up with cats and legions to go for his cap which was a good production city plus had Sams Castle in it. But before I could even start a attack on the cap his CF comes and attacks my CF 36 to 27 I think it was but loses. He has his original CF near some other cities of mine taking them but that lost had get his CF back to his cap to protect it. But a wierd glitch happened when he decided to attack my CF again... it had negative 35.5 attack and my CF defeats it. I was almost to Battleships anyway but that CF would have protected his cap and give him another chance at war and victory. Multi Wins!

My Aztecs vs his Spanish

I settle first turn and get 50g from my first barb so I start teching hbr. I come across the English but Deni3d takes them out getting Monarchy... deadly combo Monarch and Navi. But he took forever getting his 100g because he had to spend money defending and such. He kills a HA of mine 5 on 6 which stopped me doing much to him but I then take out a few more barbs to have another HA take out the French. He then takes out the Russians on a island so it was going to be problem till...

I pick AW for GW and then I spot AoC so I build up to a total of 6 cities and pick that up. I tech to CoL and start working gold while my temples provide the science I needed along with literacy. I expand up to around 11 cities altogether and get a gs for invention at 12 techs. I then work on gold to get enough for some libraries so I'm doing over 70 science so I can pop Steam for my 13th tech. I kill two of his galleons with two of my cruisers and then take a city breaking my GW.

I then form CF and bring some units along with it scouting his area for fun until I see he has made a city with the workshop that could potentially be a problem. I bring everything there meanwhile I flip London off him. Sadly enough... there wasn't much he could do to save that city and he forfeits. Multi Wins!

Round of Tiers 5- Series Tied 5-5

My Mongols vs His Mongols:

I walk for very long time but pick up 4 naming tiles plus a friendly for hbr. I then find the English and make a horse to attack 2 on 1.5 for the win. I don't get monarchy though... oh well, the cap is at 3 pop though with 4 sea tiles. I then take out a barb at a choke point but Deni3d shows up with a horse to take the barb city of mine. So I then find out that he was blocked in by that barb so he possibly could have got the English if that barb didn't hinder his route.

We playing the staring game with our units knowing that a lost of a unit could mean problems but more for him than me. He brings out a archer to try and bait me but I didn't fall for it. He gives in and tries to take another city from me 3 tiles away but I have a vet horse in the city that kills his on the hill next to it. So now I'm home free to do what I want.

Deni3d then picks up SoC for GH and GA (I find out later). I get my 100g and put a library in London plus I have taken out 4 more barbs for a total of 8 cities. I then pick up 7cog and that spelled the end for Deni3d but he has something up his sleeve. Remember he has that GA and this particular turn he is taking a while to do anything (normal for him but oh well). I that turn make a settler out of the barb city he tried to take and he flips it. Thing about this from what he tells me is that he had the option to flip London but didn't do it because he wanted to wait till the end of the turn to make it happen in case I make a HA to take it back that very same turn... he should have flipped it when he had the chance because it would have changed the game into his favor as I didn't have the money for another HA lol. Multi Wins!

My Egyptians Oracle vs his Egyptians HGB:

I get my first warrior out to find nothing for 5 turns and my second warrior finds a barb to end up getting pottery so I'm without any money so I decide to go for hbr to get some movement out there. Deni3d is getting spies himself but his start is significantly better. Then he takes out the Romans... I have a boat near that city but the next turn after he takes out the city he builds a boat right away to pick up AW right above the Romans that I didn't know was there until I finish doing what I was doing and select my boat to see I could have picked it up if I decided to start my turn dealing with my boat. I'm frustrated at that and start following his boat till he gets to a big island and then picks up 7cog right in my face. I had enough because there was nothing I had going on. Deni3d Wins!

My Germans vs his Indians:

I pick up a friendly and settle next to the Chinese to take them out. I then spot a boat from Deni3d that almost galley dropped me. He keeps it going and goes searching for the one artifact on the map. I take forever to get my 100g but I have the WA that took out the Chinese go in a direction where the rest of the civs were at which eventually got blitz.

Deni3d gets his 100g and has the only way to him choked off. He is doing his thing over there when I see AoC and settle a city down there I made out of Beijing. I sit near it with my boat while I try getting my 100g and eventually get it like 1500bc. But then Deni3d shows up and picks it up off of me... bummer. I come across the English but couldn't penetrate. I then spot the Japanese and take them out at 5 pop so now I'm able to make something happen although I get IW off them so it upgraded my units earlier than I wanted.

So this pressured me to some sense to bring the attack now since he is now in CoL and can do what he wants faster than me. He has my barracks city blocked off from making a boat to get past the choke point but I have another city below that has access to make a boat to get to his area. But he too has a boat ready to attack a boat of mine that would show and he attacks. He loses though and that spelled danger for him. He makes another boat after selling a bunch of stuff and second boat dies and therefore my elite LA's start to run rapid. Multi Wins!

My Spanish vs his Arabs:

I pick up naming tile plus 3rd turn find whale with 3 trees and 3 sea tiles, nice. I get my 100g fast and have galleon out with vet warrior to pick AW for fundy since I spot the Indians. I eventually get a WA together and get march off their caps. But they have plenty of money and I don't have enough techs to sell so it takes me a min to take them out but I do at 4 pop. Deni3d took out some civ early but didn't get his 100g for a min especially me taking a caravan he moves next to a fortified warrior of mine. I had been had eyes on AoC for some time and wanted 6 cities before I picked it up.

So I switch into Communism and Madrid at 4 pop is just pumping legion after legion. This whole time I have no idea what Deni3d is up to but I spot two HA's early. Then he shows up with a galleon fleet of his own vet. I was quite surprised to be honest because I thought he was wasting my time. I was very reluctant to attack his GF with mine so I follow it as it circles the land to get around to my cap so he can get a attack off. But I got walls around Madrid with 10's of units in there and outside so it wouldn't have done much for him either way. Then he shows up with another GF at another area and takes a city.

I had enough and decide to attack his GF near my cap that had a vet PA in it ready for any attack. I win that battle and he now only has the GF near my other cities but is losing units over there trying to take another city of mine. Then something wierd happens. He moves a HA near my caps with a AA and I attack with CA and LA kills militia plus HA. I bring out a pike to protect the exposed LA now. So the weird thing is that Deni3d says "where is my units at"? I don't know what he is talking about but tell him I killed them. He says "I didn't see any attack". I'm confused to what he is talking about and then he says he attacked my pike which I did notice was gone and I say "I didn't see no battle vs my pike with you HA". So something happened that we didn't see each others attacks... don't understand really. In the end the game was over either way as I was well established plus only 3 turns away from Steam in fundy. He was way behind in techs and everything rode on if he made a dent into my defenses. Multi Wins!

My Chinese vs his Zulu:

I start on a island with one barb and a friendly. I settle with 5 trees, one sea tile and 2 grass. I get 50g from my first barb and make a boat to head to the mainland. I then pick up the friendly on my island that showed me 7cog on a island that only a galleon could get to. Oh well... I take out a barb on the mainland that showed me SoC so I pick that up for a GE and GB. Meanwhile, I heard from Deni3d that he can take out all the civs before 3200 bc. He takes out the Egyptians Oracle and then takes out the Romans for CoL.

My militia then spots the English and I sell writing to them for 45g and then make war on them for 25g to get my 100g. Deni3d takes them out at 3000bc for Monarchy... was hoping he get writing instead. So I bring the gp's back and build CoR in a city with fish and spices. That blasted my science to fly away while he expands to all the dye spots he spoke of he seen. I get irrigation and get walls around the CoR city so I'm now doing around 60 science a turn with my 3 cities in total. I beeline straight for Navi and get the galleon. During that time I get 3 catapults together and 3 archers on the galleon but Deni3d sees it and that it is vet so he gets spooked because I was next to a archer at the end of a peninsula with a settler. He then builds GW but little did he know that I wasn't that much concerned with attacking him, I wanted that 7cog I seen earlier. I pick it up and that really changed the game.

So I'm now able to get another 3 catapults together plus expand to 3 more cities at 4 pop each as I'm now in Industrial era. He is teching but no where at the pace I'm at now as I got such a lead on him. I decide to bring the units down and set them next to his cattle workshop cap of Zimbabwe. I then get Fundy the next turn to start the attack. He thought I was in demo still lol side note. Anyway, I take the cap and he is just astounded that he didn't know I had CoR till late and we talk over how he could have won the game if he only knew... Multi Wins!

Round of Tiers 5- Multi Leads Series 9-6

My Zulu Vs His Americans:

He ended this game quite quick with a amazing start. He said he found 3 friendlies on the first turn plus another right after. Huts bronze and hbr right away plus takes out the Chinese but don't get writing but it didn't matter much because I start right under him with nowhere else to go but past him and he held the path off with archers which I tried to kill but just wasn't strong enough. Deni3d wins!

My Russians vs his French:

This game was a complete obliteration of Deni3d. He should have hoped that I couldn't make it back into the game after my internet went out but the it went on. I get 7cog and AW plus have a HA that takes out the Indians at 3 pop. Deni3d had taken out the Egyptians with stonehenge plus he eventually picks up AoC. Either way he felt he was doing good as he had a ga ready to flip anything.

He flips my Indian capital close to the end of the turn but I move my warrior back into the city to get it back so a useless ga. I also pick up SoC for a scientist and a ga (of course can't use). Either way I'm flying away in techs and have around 11 cities with irrigation and literacy. I pop invention extremely early and get another scientist for very early rifleman and you know how them russian rifleman get down. Never mattered as Deni3d just couldn't really get going and got another GA that probably only flip one of the cities that my HA was around then he gets a GL but it wouldn't have helped in time before I actually bring the fight to him. Multi Wins!

MultiPlayaBeast Wins The Finals VS You Got Deni3d

10-7 Final Score

MultiPlayaBeast/ I Am Who UPray2/ Touched By Demons is the 2015 Round Robin Champion

Oh yeah! Great games everyone and I'll be starting the next tournament. Hope to see all players that have the time to prove their skills vs me again
    Last edited by MultiPlayaBeast; 01-21-2015 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiPlayaBeast View Post
    My Zulu Vs His Americans

He ended this game quite quick with a amazing start. He said he found 3 friendlies on the first turn plus another right after. Huts bronze and hbr right away plus takes out the Chinese but don't get writing but it didn't matter much because I start right under him with nowhere else to go but past him and he held the path off with archers which I tried to kill but just wasn't strong enough. Deni3d wins!

My Russians vs his French

This game was a complete obliteration of Deni3d. He should have hoped that I couldn't make it back into the game after my internet went out but the it went on. I get 7cog and AW plus have a HA that takes out the Indians at 3 pop. Deni3d had taken out the Egyptians with stonehenge plus he eventually picks up AoC. Either way he felt he was doing good as he had a ga ready to flip anything.

He flips my Indian capital close to the end of the turn but I move my warrior back into the city to get it back so a useless ga. I also pick up SoC for a scientist and a ga (of course can't use). Either way I'm flying away in techs and have around 11 cities with irrigation and literacy. I pop invention extremely early and get another scientist for very early rifleman and you know how them russian rifleman get down. Never mattered as Deni3d just couldn't really get going and got another GA that probably only flip one of the cities that my HA was around then he gets a GL but it wouldn't have helped in time before I actually bring the fight to him. Multi Wins!

MultiPlayaBeast Wins The Finals VS You Got Deni3d

10-7 Final Score

MultiPlayaBeast/ I Am Who UPray2/ Touched By Demons is the 2015 Round Robin Champion

Oh yeah! Great games everyone and I'll be starting the next tournament. Hope to see all players that have the time to prove their skills vs me again
    Congrats Multi. Well done in a tough tournament:-)

Thanks man, hope to see you in the next one.

Well played multi. Congrats

MULTI WELL f... Done glad that you came back to forum as well U Beast hope to get some games vs you and point soon i love to run my warriors beside your and point's tanks !!

Congratulations champ

thx yall, means bunches... just not seeing ole Mawpawk and Mario in the new tournament tho!

They are all scared of the Multi beast current lord of all the civilizations he surveys

Hehe you know it

Ugh... Yet another tourney won by me while Morte was off fiddling with his fingers elsewhere but he says I'm trash tho. So damn confused about this dude when I'm beating those who he claims to be gods of Civ. No disrespect to those I've faced, I've made it well known who I believe to be great players on multiple occasions. This is just for Morte and his bashing folks he doesnt even play against to know if they better than him or not. Im about proof... Not mouthing off as Im always ready to prove mine... Morte

You are not proving anything with this bump, except for the fact that you have a lot of spare time.

Damn forgot how thorough your reporting of the games were multi! Very impressive and I enjoyed returning down memory lane Still never forgetting that damn game where AI distracted me for 15 seconds while you attacked

Lol these were the good ole days. Seem so long ago. I missed Civ, truly did but after my last stint... I didn't finish tourney games vs you. You were winning but my heart wasn't in it after some personal stuff with fam came about. Played 4 games tonight and came across this dude named Danlink... did the artifact glitch vs me... with KT. One of the extremely rare games I witness someone do it. Nontheless I sent him a message about if he wants to cheat them we can play that way. He proceeds to lock up the game ugh. Well I waited him out but that was kinda my last straw as the kats on the game still thirsty for #1 without the skill boggles the mind as I don't get how it gives them joy. Anyway, trips down memory lane are quite nice Deni3d. I read all the games I wrote in this thread and can't believe my memory concerning them.

I don't expect anyone to explain how it's done but what's the effect of the artifact glitch and how does one spot it? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LarrySandersShowJoe View Post
    I don't expect anyone to explain how it's done but what's the effect of the artifact glitch and how does one spot it? Thanks
    Well for one if you are one who play the game seriously then you are one who pay attention to everything the other player/players does. Playing the game as long as some of us have, you will notice peculiarities from other players that just don't make sense or is illogical. It is tough for the common player to see a cheater exploit any of the artifacts until you start learning how to notice "off" behavior coinciding with the glitch.

Knights Templar: Multiple Units
    Ark Of Covenant: Cathedrals
    Angor Wat: I can't remember but multiple wonders built
    School of Confucius: More than 2 Great People
    7 Cities of Gold: More Money than amount given for each era

There is no clear cut way to determine when someone used the glitch but some indicators are easier to see than others such as Knight's Templar and the person is running around with a Knight Army or multiple knights early and they aren't the English with 3 tech's (Monarchy, Horseback Riding and Feudalism). Ark of Covenant is quite easy as there is absolutely no one who builds or even can build Cathedrals so early in the game. Angor Wat is quite easy to see as well... Pyramids, Hanging Gardens and Great Wall all in one city is a scarce find for even the greastest start.

Anyway, the glitch on the artifacts can be done at any point of the game so just beware but it is easier to tell suspect activity earlier in the game if someone does it. Just understand that the chances of someone doing the glitch is rare and more than likely if that person knows the glitch probably does other strange glitches you see more prevalent with "interesting" players such as the road glitch, A'daring and Tech Screen Locking.
    Last edited by MultiPlayaBeast; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:11 AM. Reason: Grammar

Thanks. Can't say I've ever encountered this in the hundreds of games I've played but then again, I've never thought to closely inspect my oppnt's cities for early game AotC cathedrals (other than Japan ). I was expecting something along the lines of barb glitching and resembling a button-mash for the arty. Sure it wasn't one of the weird resynch glitches? Just yesterday I saw a Maelfyn Zulu h2h YT vid v Becomedeth's Egy in which 7cog appears a turn after sailing past an empty island.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123