View Poll Results: What would you like to see Bioshock become?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Movie

2 40.00%
  • Television Show

3 60.00%
  • None of the above

0 0%

Thread: Bioshock as a Film or Television Show?

Bioshock as a Film or Television Show?

I've been playing around in my head with the idea of writing a screenplay or pilot for a Bioshock Film/Television show lately, and I'm not sure which it would be better suited for. This would take place sometime between 1946-1951 with the construction/completion of the city of Rapture, and depict life inside the booming city.

I am aware of John Shirley's 'Bioshock: Rapture' which I am about to start reading before I do any real research, so there's no need to worry about that.

What do you think? Post below and please take part in the poll.

A movie would be to short to show off the depth of Rapture or Columbia. But I don't think a Live Action TV show would work either just due to the expense of it. An animated/anime TV series would be best IMO. sm

Quote Originally Posted by Solarmech View Post
    A movie would be to short to show off the depth of Rapture or Columbia. But I don't think a Live Action TV show would work either just due to the expense of it. An animated/anime TV series would be best IMO. sm
    An animated show wouldn't do so well due to the low fan-base of anime compared to Live Action, it simply wouldn't make enough money. Although I want to see Bioshock as a movie, I believe a television show would be the best way to enter the universe outside the video-game.

As for the expense, the only CG I would imagine being in the first season (12 episodes preferred) would be of the outer-city/windows, and the Big Daddy suites used for construction. I wouldn't anticipate any ADAM consumption in the first season or anything supernatural.

Think of it as MadMen & Boardwalk Empire under water.

I want to see Bioshock as a Film, because I don't like TV show.
    Last edited by kaufen; 06-08-2016 at 07:01 AM.

TV Show the best way, it can show everything, most of the details about a lot of stuff, how they started to live in Rapture, how everyone evolved below sea, how crime raised, how they discovered ADAM, to see how sh*t went down in Rapture, how they created Big Daddies, and to the moment of when protagonist of BS1 came to Rapture, and even after that showing everything what happened parallel to protagonists adventure of Rapture. They could show what happened in between BS1 and 2 as well with remaining characters of the story, what happened before BS2 started, how the one who was Big Daddy that we played as...became as one. And so on, and so on.